Fraud Digest reports arrests, convictions & sentences in cases involving fraud allegations. We also report certain civil actions and regulatory actions by the Securities & Exchange Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, other federal agencies and state insurance departments. Most of our information is taken from press releases from U.S. Attorneys offices, the Justice Department, federal agencies and state Attorney Generals. Please email additions and corrections.
- TFH 9/25 | What Every Homeowner Needs To Know About the Latest Foreclosure Trends and Developments in American Law in Order To Survive in an Inconsistent Legal System Largely Out of Service Which Treats Like Cases Differently.COMING TO YOU LIVE DIRECTLY FROM THE DUBIN LAW OFFICES AT HARBOR COURT, DOWNTOWN HONOLULU, HAWAII LISTEN TO KHVH-AM (830 ON THE AM RADIO DIAL) ALSO AVAILABLE ON KHVH-AM ON THE iHEART APP ON THE INTERNET . . Sunday – September 25, 2016 What Every Homeowner Needs To Know About the Latest Foreclosure Trends and […]
- WILLIAM J. PAATALO, Plaintiff, v. JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, Defendant. | DISMISSEDWILLIAM J. PAATALO, Plaintiff, v. JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, Defendant. Case No. 6:15-cv-01420-AA. United States District Court, D. Oregon, Eugene Division. September 7, 2016.William J. Paatalo, Plaintiff, represented by John A. Cochran, Pacific Property Law LLC. J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, Defendant, represented by Frederick B. Burnside, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP, K […]
- WHY PRIVATE???? – Miami investors win access to secret documents in Fannie Mae fightHere is the smoking gun – White House and Treasury behind land grab………….. Miami Herald- A federal judge on Tuesday ordered the U.S. Treasury Department to release more than 50 documents it tried to keep secret in a lawsuit over government-backed mortgage giants Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. The plaintiff is Miami-based mutual fund Fairholme […]
- Gretchen Morgenson: In Wells Fargo’s Bogus Accounts, Echoes of Foreclosure AbusesNYT- John Stumpf, Wells Fargo’s chief executive and chairman, speaking to the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs on Tuesday. Credit Gabriella Demczuk for The New York Times John Stumpf, the chairman and chief executive of Wells Fargo, won a dubious achievement award from one of his interrogators during Tuesday’s scorching hearings on […] […]
- Judge on Wells Fargo’s Bogus Account Class Action Has Ties to BOARecall all those illegal foreclosures happening in Utah on or about August of 2010? Well back in the day it was exposed that Federal Judge Clark Waddoups’ old law firm where he work for Parr, Brown, Gee & Loveless for nearly 30 years had a conflict of interest since they represent Bank of America and threw out […]
- Marquez v. Weinstein, Pinson & Riley, P.S. | Seventh Circuit Holds Complaint’s Validation Notice Violated FDCPAH/T LEXOLOGY and Gary Dubin ERICK MARQUEZ, et al., Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. WEINSTEIN, PINSON & RILEY, P.S., et al., Defendants-Appellees. No. 15-3273.United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit.Argued May 19, 2016.Decided September 7, 2016.Stephen R. Swofford, for Defendant-Appellee. Daniel A. Edelman, for Plaintiff-Appellant. Joel D. Bertocchi, […]
- [VIDEO] Elizabeth Warren to Wells Fargo CEO Stumpf: “you should be criminally investigated by both the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission”© 2010-15 FORECLOSURE FRAUD | by DinSFLA. All rights reserved.
- SABINA v. JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A. | ME SJC – Chase failed to comply with the statute governing the discharge of a mortgage, 33 M.R.S. § 551 (2015)MAINE SUPREME JUDICIAL COURT Reporter of Decisions Decision: 2016 ME 141 Docket: BCD-15-430 Argued: April 7, 2016 Decided: September 13, 2016 Panel: ALEXANDER, MEAD, GORMAN, JABAR, HJELM, and HUMPHREY, JJ. Majority: MEAD, GORMAN, HJELM, and HUMPHREY, JJ. Dissent: ALEXANDER and JABAR, JJ. ALEC T. SABINA et al. v. JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A. GORMAN, J. [¶1] […] […]
- Report to the Congress and the Financial Stability Oversight Council Pursuant to Section 620 of the Dodd-Frank ActReport to the Congress and the Financial Stability Oversight Council Pursuant to Section 620 of the Dodd-Frank Act Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Office of the Comptroller of the Currency bcreg20160908a1 © 2010-15 FORECLOSURE FRAUD | by DinSFLA. All rights reserved.
- ‘Big Short’ guru tells whiny bankers to shut up“Do I think it’s fair? Tough shit,” said Eisman, now a managing director at Neuberger Berman. Reuters- Steve Eisman, the maverick investor whose exploits in the subprime housing market were at the center of “The Big Short”, says bankers should stop griping about regulation. Eisman made a name (and fortune) for himself by accurately predicting […]
- TFH 9/18 | Ten Hidden Secrets Why More Than 70 Million MERS Mortgages in the United States Are Absolutely Void That Securitized Trusts Desperately Do Not Want You or Your Judge To Know.COMING TO YOU LIVE DIRECTLY FROM THE DUBIN LAW OFFICES AT HARBOR COURT, DOWNTOWN HONOLULU, HAWAII LISTEN TO KHVH-AM (830 ON THE AM RADIO DIAL) ALSO AVAILABLE ON KHVH-AM ON THE iHEART APP ON THE INTERNET . . Sunday – September 18, 2016 Ten Hidden Secrets Why More Than 70 Million MERS Mortgages in the […]
- HSBC Mtge. Servs., Inc. v Royal | Accordingly, since the plaintiff failed to meet its prima facie burden, its motion should have been denied …. ORDERED that the order dated January 5, 2015, is reversed, on the law, the plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment on the complaint …. and so much of the order dated December 17, 2014, as granted the plaintiff’s motion, inter alia, for summary judgment is vacated …Decided on September 14, 2016 SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department RUTH C. BALKIN, J.P. SHERI S. ROMAN JEFFREY A. COHEN FRANCESCA E. CONNOLLY, JJ. 2015-07269 2015-07270 (Index No. 9866/10) [*1] HSBC Mortgage Services, Inc., respondent, v Phillippa Royal, appellant, et al., defendants. DECISION & ORDE […]
- DHANIK v. HSBC BANK USA, Fla 2nd DCA – we reverse and remand for the trial court to enter an order of involuntary dismissal based on the bank’s lack of standing at the time it filed the complaint.YOGENDRA S. DHANIK and BHARTI Y. DHANIK, Appellants, v. HSBC BANK USA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION, as Trustee for LUMINENT MORTGAGE TRUST 2007-2, Appellee. Case No. 2D13-5292.District Court of Appeal of Florida, Second District. Opinion filed September 9, 2016.Appeal from the Circuit Court for Pasco County; William H. Burgess, III, Judge. Michael E. Rodriguez of F […]
- Feds Investigating Wells Fargo After Employees Open 2 Million Fake Accounts… WHAT ABOUT THE FORECLOSURE FRAUD MANUFACTURING/DOCTORING DOCUMENT MANUAL?You all recall that Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Foreclosure Attorney Procedure Manual, Version 1 Status: Revision 3 Origination Date: 11/09/2011 Date Last Published: 02/24/2012? Consumerist- Financial regulators recently ordered Wells Fargo to pay $185 million to resolve allegations that the bank’s sales quotas and incentives pushed employees to open millions […]
- LETTER | On 8th Anniversary of Lehman Bankruptcy, Senator Warren Calls for IG Review of DOJ’s Failed Response to Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission ReferralsSenator also asks FBI to release related investigative materials, citing precedent set by release of Sec. Clinton email investigation records SEP 15, 2016 Review of recently released archives shows no DOJ criminal prosecutions of FCIC-referred individuals or companies Text of letter to DOJ IG available here (PDF) Text of letter to FBI Director Comey availabl […]
- Attorney Nick Wooten is Suing Banks in Illinois for Breaking Into HomesCrossPost from Mandelman Matters Foreclosure defense attorney Nick Wooten has been making headlines as a consumer attorney since the earliest days of the foreclosure crisis. Nick became quite well known around the country for his high profile, David v. Goliath type cases. He sued Lender Processing Services (LPS)… he went after MERS… and he won a landmark [… […]
- TFH 9/25 | What Every Homeowner Needs To Know About the Latest Foreclosure Trends and Developments in American Law in Order To Survive in an Inconsistent Legal System Largely Out of Service Which Treats Like Cases Differently.